Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Spiritual Revival and a Scooter

I feel like the Lord is moving on kids hearts. Last night we had more people show up to the evening session. The worship band consists of students and is completely student run. They have such a heart for worshiping the Lord. I had the privilege of playing the violin with them. Mike Wood, the spiritual life director, found an 11th grader who was willing to part with her instrument for a few days and let me play it. I had a lot of fun and I think they were happy with it too. After the teaching, my dad called the band back up and as we were playing I could really feel the presence of the Lord. The kids didn't want to stop singing. They were down front just worshiping. It was lovely.

This morning I spoke once again in the middle and high school chapel. I entitled my teaching "the approval addict". It dealt with the fear of rejection and where we find our approval. I took the kids through the practical side with some biblical integration and my dad came up and closed the time with a scriptural challenge.

On a side note, yesterday I went on a motorcycle/scooter for the very first time. It was different. A bike is the most common mode of transportation here. I have actually scene women on the back of the bike sitting "side saddle", putting on make up. I've also seen drivers on their cell phone. I was doing good just to stay centered on the bike! I think if I had been driving it would have been a different story though:)

No comments: