Friday, January 18, 2008

Made it to Managua


I'm at the end of the first leg of my trip. I flew into Managua, Nicaragua this morning with our team. We had a great week! I'll do a brief recap from where I left off since the last note.

On Wednesday we continued working on the musical with the kids at the church. It was a full day, but exciting to see them on the stage. I didn't know if they would ever be quiet though. My favorite phrase was "silencio!" After lunch with the kids, we let them decorate picture frames, then get dressed up in their costume and get a polaroid picture taken that they could take home. The kids absolutely loved it! Straight after camp, another girl, Darcy, and I took a taxi to another church, Verbo, where my mom was holding the widow's conference. There I filmed the conference, helped set up the meals and tables, handed out gifts and ministered to the ladies. We had 52 widows and abandoned women attend from 4 different churches. It was very special.

Thursday morning we got up bright and early. We got to the church and started in right away with the kids on practicing the music. We were only going to have them through lunch since the performance was that night. Thursday evening came and it was amazing! We had nearly 80 kids on stage. I know that it was only the Lord who got us through that!:) Especially since I didn't always have a translator and was using my broken Spanish to try and communicate with the kids. The church was full with family and people from the community. One pastor said this was the first time something like this had ever been done. It was definitely a success!

Now i'm back at our hotel in Managua enjoying a room with good cold air and wireless connection. Tomorrow we(my parents and I) will walk across the street to the airport and catch our evening flight to LA. We'll be in LA for a day and then get on the plane for a LONG time to fly over to Thailand.

No comments: