Tuesday, January 15, 2008

ode to a spanish keyboard


ok..so i´m not writing an ode, but i sure am typing on a spanish keyboard and it´s really messing me up.
enough of that! I am have safely arrived in Bluefields, Nicaragua. I flew in to Managua and got into my hotel at 2 am on Sunday morning. My next flight left at 6 am so i had to be at the local aiport at 4:45 am. There they weigh you and your carry on to make sure the plane won´t crash. I´ll post pictures of the plane later and you´ll understand. 3 of the other team members luggage had not arrived but we couldn´t sit around for it so we prayed and hoped it would get to us on the other side of the country. When we landed in Bluefields NONE of our luggage arrived! Later that night though, we were so happy to see it.

Sunday night we went to church. Actually our team split up and went to 2 different churches. I went with my parents where my dad preached and we had a 2 1-2 hour service. It was very good.

On Monday morning we were up at 6:30 to walk to breakfast at the church and then invite the kids to our program. We had over 50 kids show up the first day. It went really well. We served the kids lunch and then worked more on the musical and crafts after lunch time. At 3pm they went home and we cleaned up the church.

The weather is very humid right now, pretty hot too. I´m basically soaked by the end of the work day..along with everyone else. But none of us care because we all smell the same.

Well, my time is up on this paid computer in the clean, but very humid open air lobby of our hotel. hope to catch you up again shortly!

No comments: