Thursday, January 10, 2008

And the whirlwind has begun....

To catch you up on the last few weeks (since I was determined to be a more consistant blogger in 2008):) I will write the abridged version, so not to bore you, and then look ahead to the future.

My bringing in of the new year was lovely. I was able to spend it with my family and friends. I then focused my attention for one day on the sales. The sales, mind you, were not to benefit my wardrobe, but the play I am directing in D.C. in March. I love to look for set items, props and costumes and what better time than during the sales!

Shortly thereafter, I flew to Maryland for auditions. I'm directing Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. When I wasn't listening to kids sing the Oompa Loompa song(which I now have memorized) I was working on the ministry podcast for Prayer Stations (which will hopefully be out sometime late summer). I flew back 5 days later and you are now up to date with the first few weeks of my new year.

Tomorrow I will be running around like crazy, packing, writing, working and getting things squared away because I'll be gone for about 3 weeks. I leave on Saturday for Nicaragua. I'll be co-leading a trip to Bluefields where we will direct a children's musical in Spanish. Now, I know the next question that popped into your mind was, "Does Katie speak Spanish?" No. Well, a little. Enough to get around and understand people...somewhat...but not enough to teach the musical. That's what our brilliant translators are for!:)

After a week in Nicaragua, I'll fly to LA, rest for part of a day, and get on a plane for Chaing Mai, Thailand. My parents and I are going to speak at Grace International School for the spiritual emphasis week. We are there for about 2 weeks doing ministry.

As always, I'll try to get online when I get out of the country, but that proves to be difficult most of the time, so i'll journal and then update when I get back.

No comments: