Friday, May 23, 2008

Garage Sale Entertainment

Tomorrow will start day 7 of the garage sale fundraiser for Urban Arts. I'm pretty exhausted from setting up, tearing down, moving from drive way to drive way, and doing it all over again...but it has been worth it. We have raised nearly 1500.00 over 6 days for the camps! That will cover art supplies, t-shirts, lunches, and a little more!

I have to say though, that I have been able to do something the last few weekends that I rarely make time to do-people watch. What intriguing individuals. I remember one of my assignments in grad school was to people watch. I thought it was hilarious at the time. Once I started the assignment though, my mind was opened to the complexity of the individual. God created some crazy, funny people! It has been amusing, sad, enjoyable, and fun to meet the hundreds of people who have stopped by (or drove slowly by). I may be a little sad for my weekend sales to come to an end. Oh well, off to bigger and better things and the reason I am doing the garage sales in the first place!-Urban Arts Camps!:)

No comments: