Saturday, May 03, 2008

No Such Thing as Little Miracles

As I was thinking back about how my day unfolded, I was thanking God for the little miracle He gave me. Then I stopped. I thought, who am I to call a miracle little? There is no such thing as a miracle being little. A miracle is one of the biggest signs that our God is still alive and well and answering our prayers! Even if I think my request is little.

Today was the first garage sale for Urban Arts. The weatherman was calling for rain all day. The day before had rain and the storms were suppose to continue throughout Saturday. We really needed this garage sale. So, I prayed all week and asked the Lord to hold the rains off. All day I continued to glance at the sky and thank the Lord for the clouds, sun, and wind. It wasn't until 2:58pm that we felt our first drops of rain.

You may be thinking, it's just rain. But as I sit here typing this entry tonight and the rain is pounding against my window, I am reminded that God gave me my miracle today and it wasn't a little miracle; it was a miracle!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In my book " SMALL MIRACLES ", I related thirty unusual incidents
I encountered in my life, in different countries. I called them
"Small Miracles" as they were indeed "small", compared with what the prophets did or encountered. Actually these "small miracles" were very big for me and changed my life, helped me, protected me and even punished me sometimes.

http://www.outskirtspress.com/smallmiracles

Best regards.
Prof.(h.c.) Askin Ozcan