Saturday, May 17, 2008

Sista Circle Class 7-PERFORMANCE

"My arm hurts." "Well, you can still get up there and sing." "My throat is really sore." (said in a raspy voice) "Well, you can just mouth the words." "I think I broke my toe." "Then I will help you up on the stage and hold your hand."

I heard these excuses for first 30 minutes while the girls were waiting to go on stage. They were nervous, as was I, but I new it would be a good experience for them. After a long wait, the girls ended the program with their reading of the Maya Angelou poem and singing a Kirk Franklin song. The poem went pretty well. The sound wasn't that great, due to the system, but the girls stuck with it. The song started off really well, then all of the sudden, they came in a measure early and wham...the words were off with the music. I do have to say that they continued to sing and had great attitudes all the way through. Even if the performance wasn't perfect, i'm happy the girls got up there in front of the audience and did a great job! Here are some pictures to enjoy from that night.Laura, Eyvette and me after the performance.(Renee not pictured)
Sista 2 Sista Group with their paper plate awards.
Reading the poem.

No comments: