Thursday, August 09, 2007

...and back again!

Did I ever mention that I love Ireland and the people of Ireland? Well, it should be obvious now, because I went back this summer. A little over a week after I returned from leading my 7 amazing "kids", the Lord impressed upon my heart the need to go back and work with my parents' team as well as finish the painting on Fran's house. My first thought was..that's crazy! I should have just stayed in Ireland! But as I continued to pray and think about it, I started getting serious and realized that the only set back was that I had no money! This is where it get's good though-as I was praying, I felt the Lord keep saying, just trust Me. Six days before my parents' team was to fly out I checked my support account and I had all but $200 to cover the second trip. Unbelievable! That was my first though, because stuff like this never happens to me. I am barely able to cover the full amount of trips that I go on. Then again, the Lord is so faithful and he has ALWAYS provided! So 6 days before the second team flew out I booked my ticket and started repacking for Ireland..again!
This time I was there for 2 weeks. I was able to spend the first week with 2 other servants who helped finish painting Fran's house. The second week I was more involved with the team helping with kids' camp, street evangelism and drama in the city. I am so glad I was able to go back and be a part of God's kingdom in Ireland this summer!

No comments: