Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Do we have to add the little kids?

Since we only had 9 kids at City Mission's Urban Arts last week, I felt the led to open it up to the third grade class for the fall. When the six kids walked into the class, the first question from a fourth grader was, "Do we have to add the little kids?". Of course, I was smiling inwardly, but I had to keep a straight face as I explained that we did "have to add them" and said how it would be even more fun with them! After we began playing our first drama game, I think all 15 kids were happy to be together.

We handed out the practice CD's for the kids to begin listening to and learning the music for the Christmas program. I was actually a few CD's short and felt awful, but promised the kids they would get them next week. They were very understanding. One little girl came up to me after class and asked what she should do if she didn't have a CD player at home. I wasn't sure if she was telling the truth or not, but I believe she is and it broke my heart. I'm going to confirm with her teacher at school and see if I can get her a cd player.

No comments: