Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Sista Circle Class 2

Last night I was in Detroit to teach the girls at CDC. We flipped things around and had the devotional first followed by the drama and music time. I'm really glad we did because this gave me a whole other perspective on the lives of these young girls. I can't get some of the things they said out of my mind. It just keeps playing over and over again like there is a continuous rewind and play button. My heart aches for some of these girls. They are looking in the wrong direction for love, acceptance and self-respect. The devotional was on Provers 10:12 " Hatred stirs up dissension, but love covers over all wrongs." It was interesting to see the girls begin to talk about hatred. I could actually see so much in a few of the girls. There was one girl who took a leadership role and began to discuss the passage. I think she is going to be one who is a really good influence on some of the girls. After the devotional, I split the girls up into 3 groups (we had 15 girls this week!) and had them create a group pantomime. I think they enjoyed it. It took so long to get them quiet after each "practice time" that we only had time for each group to perform twice. Renee then took over and worked on music rhythm, notes and breathing. I know that there are some girls that don't want to be there or they don't enjoy one of the elements of the evening, but I hope at the end of the 7 weeks, Christ is presented and they find their love and purpose in Him.

No comments: