Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Writing curriculum-sounds like fun, huh:)

I had a good meeting today with CDC, Central Detroit Christian. I was asked to create the curriculum for the K-5th grade arts portion of their Breakthrough Enrichment program that is held on Tuesday nights. I was planning on teaching an Urban Arts class for middle school girls already, but when I was approached with this task, I prayed about it and felt like this was a greater need in CDC's ministry. Since I am partnering with different ministries in Detroit, I believe strongly in being sensitive to the needs of the ministry. So, for at least the first term, through Christmas, I'll be focusing on the elementary kids.

I am going to miss my summer staff. I have only one volunteer who is available to serve with me on Tuesday nights. Thank goodness though! She will be focusing on the music and I on the drama. As I type this, my brain is going in a million directions thinking about what the kids will perform for the program. Pray that the Lord continues to give me creativity in designing a program for this fall and for the next term. (and of course, those of you who have creative minds, feel free to comment with any ideas you may have!)

1 comment:

Star*Spangled*Eyes said...

Sorry, no ideas. Just stopping by to read your latest post. I wish I had creative ideas about drama and music. My stuff is more arts related. I wouldn't know the first, 2nd or 3rd :) thing about writing a curriculum...even if it was my own subject. Sounds like a hard job. Godspeed with that :) have a great week.