Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Summer Plans in Detroit

I've been working hard this last month. Obviously neglecting my blogging, but I now have something worth blogging about:) I have been working with a friend of mine on developing a ministry called Urban Arts. Working with at-risk children in the inner city of Detroit through various mediums of art. I have met with 3 different ministries who listened, encouraged and showed interest in partnering with Urban Arts this summer. There is one ministry that I am very impressed with and will hopefully be doing more work with on a regular basis.

This Friday I meet with a lawyer about all of the legalities and paperwork to get a non-profit going. It's necessary, but not something I'm looking forward to. He has agreed to meet with us at no cost as well. What an answer to prayer!

I will be spending the weekend in a prayer and planning retreat with my friend, Renee as we look ahead at the summer and beyond. Lot's to do!

No comments: